ISBOG Meetings 2017
Send an email to AmySteele@ISBOG.org and ask to join our email list! Meeting announcements with scheduled topics are sent out the week prior to each meeting. The ISBOG Quarterly Newsletter provides more meeting and organizational information, in addition to member advertisements and announcements.
Sparta Chapter: EVENING Meeting
As of September 2017, the ISBOG-Sparta chapter has been closed.
We are in the process of reorganizing the Sussex County chapters and hope to reopen in the near future.
Flanders Chapter: EVENING Meeting
ISBOG-Flanders meetings are held on the fourth Wednesday evening of each month.
TITAN Business Development Group, LLC
272 Route 206, Suite 203
Flanders, NJ 07836
Chapter Chairs: Eric Degen, Lisa Natoli
NEW TIME: 6:00pm-8:00pm
Meetings are now 6:00pm-7:30pm followed by 30 minutes of networking.
FLANDERS: Upcoming Topics:
- OCTOBER 25: Round Table - Let's Discuss Your Challenges (continued)
The Round Table discussion is an opportunity to sit down to discuss your pressing issues, share opinions, strategies, maintenance, or just to brainstorm (throwing forth any business ideas or challenges, no matter what they may be). You will exchange open, honest, and direct ideas with others around the table. The Round Table has no beginning and no end. There is no head of the table (so to speak). In other words, every one's input is considered equal.
- NOVEMBER 22: No meeting in honor of evening before Thanksgiving Day
- DECEMBER 27: New Market Prospecting
Reaching new markets often means marketing existing products or services to new market segments. For example, a camping equipment business can target the survival preparedness market with the store’s freeze-dried foods and water purification equipment. A modular home furniture store can introduce its mix-and-match furniture pieces to residential college students. An estate preparation attorney may develop an affordably-priced will and estate planning package for budget-conscious clients. Attendees will have the opportunity to discuss cross-marketing ideas for their own business as well as share any market expansion successes or challenges
- JANUARY 24: "Open Mic. Night"
Member surveys have expressed interest in discussing various topics such as Intellectual Property, Constant Contact and even Grants for New Businesses. This evening, we will discuss these and more. "The floor will be wide open"
- FEBRUARY 28: Ten Dumb Sales Tactics to Avoid
Attendees will discuss the ten most basic selling mistakes that are surprisingly common. The discussion is also intended to spark additional converstaion about other traps we tend to find oursleves in when we try to sell to customers.
- MARCH 28: Speaker
Speaker(s) to be announced.
No Membership Fees or Dues...
Unlike most other business organizations, ISBOG does not have any membership fees or dues. We recognize that small businesses are usually operating on a limited budget and may not be able to join other organizations that request membership fees. So, rather than your checkbook, all we ask you to bring to meetings are your ideas, your questions, your business sense and your willingness to share your small business experience.
Send us a quick Email and let us know you'll be stopping into a chapter meeting. We'll be glad to meet you.
If you have any questions, please contact Amy Steele by Email. You are welcome to bring your business cards and company literature to share with the group.
Some of our Past Meeting Topics...
- What's Your Problem - Seek Advice from ISBOG friends
- Discussion: YOUR Business Expenses - Comparison of Cost for Utilities, Products & Services
- Workshop: Creating or Refining YOUR Business Mission Statement
- Discussion: Exploration of Personality Types (as related to Sales)
- Discussion: "Mentally Fried and Physically Exhausted?
- "All About Networking" Exploration of various networking organizations
- Presentation: "Accounting Tips for Small Businesses"
- Discussion: "About YOUR Business..." How did you get started? Why do you believe in what you do?
- "Building Your Business Resources"
- Health Insurance for the Individual or Small Business
- 'Generating Sales Leads' Optimize opportunities to promote your business